university of california: UC Santa Barbara
- Electrical & Computer Engineering Studies
- General Education
university of california: UC Davis
Bachelor's of Science: Nutrition Science / Biochemistry
- Emphasis in Human Performance; Cardiovascular Physiology
Post Graduate Studies: Nutrition Science
- "Advanced Metabolism in Humans and Ruminants"
- " Advanced Vitamin Metabolism"
San jose state university
Master's Degree: Kinesiology / Exercise Physiology
SAnta Clara University
Secondary Level, Teaching Credential Program
- Chemistry, Biology, Biochemistry, Physiology and Statistics
fitness & wellness industry
25+ years of experience
- Group Exercise Instructor
- Personal Trainer
- Management Team, high-end Health Clubs in N. California
- Director of Group Exercise
- Director of Fitness & Wellness
- Creator of fund based programs within Health Clubs
- Yoga Teacher
- Pilates Teacher
- Lecturer in Exercise Science at San Jose State University
- Nutrition Counseling and Workshop Presenter
- Mission College Weight Training Instructor
- Instructor Trainer and Continuing Education Specialist
- CEC Provider for ACE, AFAA
- Certification Prep Workshops for ACSM
- Presenter for Fitness Conferences
- Founder and Owner of "Wellness by Design: Fitness, Nutrition and Pilates Studio"
- Corporate Fitness and Wellness Consultant
- Corporate Nutrition Consultant and Presenter
- Fitness, Nutrition and Health Writer
- Published journal article for Yoga Education & Resource Center
High School Science Teacher 2008-2013
- Designed and created curriculum for a chemistry course for non-science major, college bound students.
- Taught general and honors science courses.
- Designed and created units of study to connect science education standards to real-world topics relevant to 14-18 year old students.
- Created assessments to measure student learning and meet specific accommodations required by 504 and/or I.E.P. directives.
BS Nutrition Science
Master's Exercise Physiology
& Wellness Expert